This segment groups the Australian Visas that require that an Australian or foreign company sponsor a skilled worker to live and work in Australia with his/her family.
A foreign company may sponsor one of their employees to live and work in Australia. To access this Australian Visa, it is necessary that the occupation appears in the combined list of eligible skilled occupations.
These visas have their own lists, which also classify the occupations in Medium and Long-Term (MLTSOL) Short Term (STOL) and Regional (ROL)
There are several types of Visas to Australia with an employer’ sponsorship: Temporary or permanent.
- It replaced the visa 457 in March 2018.
It is structured in 3 elements:
The Nominating Company must get a permit to hire foreigners (Standard Business Sponsorship – SBS)
- The company may be an Australian or offshore company that ants to send employees to work in Australia.
- Nomination: the nominated position for the foreign worker must be in one of the skilled occupations according to the Medium and Long Term MTSOL o de Short Term STOL
The company must make a contribution to the Skills Australian Fund (SAF)
These accepted occupations are subject to specific conditions (caveats).
- MTSOL: visa for 4 years. It leads to the permanent residence after 3 years, through
- STOL: visa for 2 years, it does not lead to a permanent residence.
- Applicant: must comply with some minimum requirements.
- Relevant skills for the nominated occupation.
- Vocational English
- At least 2 years of Occupation Experience.