Most Important Aspects of this Consumer Guide
Registered migration agents are trained individuals who must comply with professional standards, observe a code of conduct and keep an updated knowledge on the migration legislation and procedures in respect to the Visa to work and live in Australia and any other type of visa for this country.
Your agent must be registered at OMARA (Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority), that supervises the registration of only individuals suitable to provide migration services for an Australian Visa. In order to verify where an individual is register, visit OMARA’s website at www.mara.gov.au.
The Code of Conduct ensures that your registered migration agent will:
- Be honest with you about your chances of securing a visa
- Keep you informed about the progress of your application and any changes that may affect it
- Be contactable during business hours and tell you if they change their contact details
- Act within the law, your best interests and protect your privacy
- Declare any interest they have that may affect your application and not act for you if there is a conflict
- Provide you with a written agreement — before starting work — of the services to be provided, the estimated fees and other costs
- Charge a reasonable fee and, if you pay in advance, keep this in a separate bank account
- Provide you with an invoice listing the actual services completed and the amount payable
- Provide timely and correct advice and tell you in writing about the result of your application as soon as possible.